Keyword Code: SMLBUSP5BRIEF
Artisanal, Mom and Pop shop content demand is trending upwards. We are looking for individual, family, and independently owned businesses with a specific focus on retail shops. This includes: clothing boutiques, new and used record and book stores, thrift and antique shops, and any other independent businesses.
Customers/Sectors: Banking and Investment, Insurance, Telecommunications, Technology, Internet, Shipping, Credit Cards
Shot-List Thought Starters:
• Customer and/or proprietor using contactless/mobile payment
• Customers window shopping
• Proprietor working through finances (via iPad, laptop – avoid logos)
• Portraits – individual and group for testimonial usage
Remember, you don’t need to feel locked into the thought-starters, they are just meant to help inspire your process.
Have your shoot take place at a business with real owners. If time allows, the benefit of shooting a real business often allows more intimacy with your subjects, without the distraction of a larger cast and location. Working with real people can be enormously rewarding, especially if the subject has no aspirations to be an actor. This results in a more natural performance.
If you’ve never “street-casted” before, this might also be a great opportunity to do so. If you’re doing a traditional casting, tone down the actions of your talent and shape an environment that’s real. Remember, authenticity is one of the main characteristics our customers are looking for when licensing clips.
Suggested Conceptual Keywords: achievement, small business, entrepreneur, empowerment, freedom, independence.
Location Diversity: Urban, Suburban and Rural
Casting Considerations: Age, Gender and Race Diversity. Authenticity and diversity will play in important role in the success of your shoot.
• Please remember to tag your clips with the keyword code: SMLBUSP5BRIEF
• Have all property and model releases filled out and submitted.
• No logos or brands visible in any of the clips
• Don’t forget to add any applicable conceptual keywords to the clips.
Top image: Still from Two Hair Stylist Standing Together Near Entrance Of Barber Shop by Imagesource1Looking for additional inspiration? Check out more briefs!