Keyword Code: LGBTQP5BRIEF
The LGBT community in the US has nearly a trillion dollars’ worth of purchasing power, according to Multimedia Platforms Inc. (Owners of Frontiers Media and the largest LGBT media company in the world). How we define ourselves and our families has changed dramatically over the last decade. Therefore, there has never been more of a demand for LBGTQ+ lifestyles that include relationships, social gatherings, and families.
• A day in the life of a same-sex couple at home, which can include cooking, chores in the house, yard-work, gardening, and watching TV
• Testimonial portraiture
• Dinner parties and celebrations
Pro-Tip: Do your best to cast real people. This approach will pay dividends in the end, as clients are constantly searching for authenticity within our collection.
Suggested Conceptual Keywords: Same-sex couple, homosexual, homosexual couple, gay couple, togetherness, domestic life, happiness, relationship, lesbian, gay man, bonding, acceptance, identity
Typical Users: Credit cards, car commercials, phone companies, investment services, internet services, food and beverage commercials, travel industries, healthcare
Casting Considerations: Race and age diversity, authenticity with talent and imagery. Accept the challenge to subtract artificiality from your setups — in other words, keep it REAL. These things will play an important role in the success of your shoot.
Location Diversity: Urban, suburban, and rural
Before You Shoot
• Please check what content already exists in the Pond5 marketplace
• Think about a visual approach that will result in new and fresh footage
• Remember that each shot must communicate a clear message
• Please remember to tag your clips with the keyword code: LGBTQP5BRIEF
• Have all property and model releases filled out and submitted.
• No logos or brands may be visible in any of the clips.
• Don’t forget to add any applicable conceptual keywords to the clips.