Keyword Code: CRIMEJAN17
Crime-anthology series haven’t been as numerous as they are today since the early days of television — and there are more on the way. Equally, non-fiction crime-themed programming continues to be on the rise, as evidenced by many of the requests Pond5 is receiving from clients.
• Crime scene tape being unspooled and wrapped around a scene
• Detectives investigating — plastic gloves, small flashlights, examining victims, chalk outline around a body, blanket over victim
• Detectives using tweezers and plastic evidence bags to collect bullet casings or other evidence
• Evidence-marking cones, police and ambulance sirens
• Handcuffing suspects
Suggested Conceptual Keywords: Social Issues, Crime, Forensics, Occupations, Investigation, Evidence, Proof, Search
Typical Users: TV Programming, Feature and Documentary Films, Security Companies, Political Campaigns
Feet Walking Into Dark Night, Crime Scene by tattoostock
Pro-Tip: Creating crime scenes that are open allows a client to interpret a cause. Get coverage. Running or thinking of other scenarios beyond a murder, such as a car theft, home robbery, or business “stickup” are simple setups that can potentially create a steady revenue stream for years. An unconscious victim can be interpreted as an overdose, suicide, or murder. If you decide on this setup, try running variations of these themes.
Casting Considerations: Authenticity with talent and imagery. Accept the challenge to subtract artificiality from your setups. In other words, keep it REAL. These things will play an important role in the success of your shoot.
Location Diversity: Urban, Suburban, and Rural
Before You Shoot:
• Please check what content already exists in the Pond5 marketplace
• Think about a visual approach that will result in new and fresh footage
• Remember to tag your clips with the keyword code: CRIMEJAN17
• Have all property and model releases filled out and submitted
• No logos or brands may be visible in any of the clips
• Don’t forget to add any applicable conceptual keywords