Keyword Code: MILESTONESP5BRIEF
Milestones are the significant events that occur in one’s lifetime, and Pond5 needs images that demonstrate firsts, which signify change and progression. These images are enormously popular in commercial advertising and may take on a greater importance given recent world events — which translates to an increase in requests to convey closeness, security, love, and other concepts related to a softer tone and spirit.
- Learning how to ride a bicycle – A child being guided by a parent as they ride solo for the first time
- First date – Teenagers kissing for the first time on doorstep, holding hands, picking up girl or boy in front of house
- First Day of School – A parent hugging a child as they turn toward school building or school bus
- Graduations – Students receiving diplomas, tossing caps in the air, portraits with proud family
- First Car – Parent handing over car keys to a teenage son/daughter, teenager holding up car keys
Suggested Keywords: Firsts, Change, Milestones, Future, Independence, Ceremony, New Horizons, Accomplishments, Rituals
Typical Users: Education, Insurance Companies, Public Service Announcements, TV Promos, Finance and Banking Firms, Political Campaigns
Pro-Tip: Consider using more graphic shots to illustrate your concept, such as an inked baby foot or baby’s hand wrapped around an adult’s finger. In addition, tight close-up shots on babies’ expressions are always needed.
Casting Considerations: Authenticity with talent and imagery. Accept the challenge to subtract artificiality from your setups. In other words, keep it REAL. These things will play an important role in the success of your shoot. Read more in our post on authenticity and why it matters.
Location Diversity: Urban, Suburban, and Rural
Before You Shoot:
- Please check what content already exists in the Pond5 marketplace
- Think about a visual approach that will result in new and fresh footage
- Remember to tag your clips with the keyword code: MILESTONESP5BRIEF
- Have all property and model releases filled out and submitted
- No logos or brands may be visible in any of the clips
- Don’t forget to add any applicable conceptual keywords