Keyword Code: PORTRAITSP5BRIEF
Portraits have proven to be big sellers and we can never have too many in our collection. The demand to replenish this subject with fresh faces is always high. Beyond a simple portrait, you may want to push the image further to illustrate a deeper meaning behind the character. For instance, an occupational uniform or religious clothing will add a whole other dimension. With that said, capturing simple portraits with a variety of ages and ethnicities will add tremendous value to your portfolio.
• Young Adults
• Large Family Portraits (multi-generational)
Suggested Keywords: Confidence, Testimonial, Sincerity, Happiness, Serenity, Intimacy, Closeness, Individuality
Typical Users: Banking and Investment, Health and Beauty Products, Telecommunication Companies, Pharmaceutical Companies, Public Service Announcements, Advocacy Groups, Internet Services, Educational Services, Entertainment, Credit Cards
Pro-Tip: If time allows, run your talent through a variety of emotions/expressions, but make them subtle. Be aware of when the talent is overacting. In addition, get coverage (Close-Up, Medium, and Wide shots). It’s best to shoot the subjects in their natural environments or real locations. Choosing to shoot with shallower depth of field allows the subject to be the center of focus as well as blurring out the background to avoid other recognizable people and locations. In general, shooting portraits with a shallower depth of field will be more attractive. If you can add a prop such as a phone, tablet, or headphones after the initial portrait, you will also be making the most of the day and your efforts.
Location Diversity: Urban, Suburban, and Rural
Before You Shoot:
• Please check what content already exists in the Pond5 marketplace
• Think about a visual approach that will result in new and fresh footage
• Remember to tag your clips with the keyword code: PORTRAITSP5BRIEF
• Have all property and model releases filled out and submitted
• No logos or brands may be visible in any of the clips
• Don’t forget to add any applicable conceptual keywords