In an effort to help you achieve even more success, we’re working to identify some of the upcoming trends in our marketplace. Each month, we’ll be listing some of the most popular search terms for music that’s underrepresented in our catalog, allowing you to get inspired while filling gaps in our collection.
Once you’ve completed your work, a unique code can be applied to each track – just add the code (provided at the bottom of each brief) to your keyword tags when you upload. That way, we’ll know which genre you’ve been focusing on.
If you have any questions or comments about any of these briefs, please email Pond5’s Director of Audio Collections, Mike Pace, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here’s what’s been recently in demand in music at Pond5:
It’s never too early to get ready for December! Holiday tracks with a hip-hop beat have grown in popularity over the years.
- KEYWORD CODE: XMASMARCH19
- SUGGESTED KEYWORDS: Holiday Hip-Hop, Christmas Rap, Cheerful, Festive, Xmas, Sleigh Bells, Santa
Traditional Japanese & Chinese Music
Authentic-sounding tracks using instruments like the koto, shamisen, shakuhachi (flute) and guzheng.
- KEYWORD CODE: ASIAMARCH19
- SUGGESTED KEYWORDS: China, Japan, Asia, The Orient, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo, World Music, Traditional, Authentic, Koto, Shamisen, Shakuhachi, Guzheng
Specifically violin and cello. Mournful, yearning, and nostalgic.
- KEYWORD CODE: SADMARCH19
- SUGGESTED KEYWORDS: Sad Strings, Sad Violin, Sad Cello, Mournful, Yearning, Melancholy, Plaintive
Awards Ceremony/Show Themes
Roll out the red carpet for these short, swelling, cinematic cues.
- KEYWORD CODE: AWARDMARCH19
- SUGGESTED KEYWORDS: Awards, Awards Show, Ceremony, Hollywood, Red Carpet, Celebrity, Movie Star, Movies, Premiere
Take advantage of the 50 keyword limit and add both broad and specific keywords, but no recognizable band or artist names please!
We also encourage you to submit :15 and :30 versions of these tracks for social media use.