Keyword Code: TEENSSOCP5BRIEF
Instagram launched Stories in 2016, and now 300 million accounts use Stories daily. Chalk it up to increased mobile usage, shorter attention spans, or the thrill of novelty, but social video is what the people want — especially the younger ones. Capturing teenagers creating and spreading their stories is what we’re looking for. While you’re at it, you can cover texting, selfies and everything in between that illustrates a teenager’s romance with their phone.
• Teenager capturing a video of their friend or pet with their phone
• Teenager watching a video on their phone (wide range of emotions)
• Teenager sending video from their phone
• Teenager receiving a video on their phone
• Teenager huddled around friends showing a video on their phone
• Teenager texting
• Teenager taking a selfie
Suggested Keywords: Social Media, Communication, Individuality, Entertainment, Connection, Obsession, Wireless Technology, Portability
Typical Users: Retail Industry, Gaming Industry, Entertainment Industries, Communications Industry, Tech Companies
Friends at Home Watching Social Media Content by AilaImages
Pro-Tip: More than likely, a teenager’s room will be covered with copyrighted posters, images, and products peppered with logos from popular brands. There are plenty of ways to keep your environment real without compromising your vision for fear of capturing copyrighted materials. Shoot with a shallower depth of field, which will blur out TV programs, appliances, computers, magazines, books, logos, and any other trademarked objects. In addition, prepping a safe location takes a little more effort, including greeking logos and avoiding areas that pose a risk or are impossible to navigate around.
Casting Considerations: Ages 13-18, gender, and race diversity. Authenticity is important. Casting real people can be a challenge — the challenge being that your real person must possess qualities that are highly appealing for video.
Before You Shoot:
• Please check what content already exists in the Pond5 marketplace
• Think about a visual approach that will result in new and fresh footage
• Remember to tag your clips with the keyword code: TEENSSOCP5BRIEF
• Have all property and model releases filled out and submitted
• No logos or brands may be visible in any of the clips
• Don’t forget to add any applicable conceptual keywords