With this month’s music briefs, we’re encouraging you to think a little differently, whether it’s imagining yourself in another place, another time, or an entirely different reality. From Middle Eastern sounds to animated environments, all of these themes have been in demand with Pond5 customers, and we’d love to hear your take on any — or all — of them!
Once you’ve completed your work, a unique code can be applied to each track – just add the code (provided at the top of each brief) to your keyword tags when you upload. That way, we’ll know which genre you’ve been focusing on.
If you have any questions or comments about any of these briefs, please email Pond5’s Director of Audio Collections, Mike Pace, at email@example.com.
Middle Eastern Music
We’d love to hear your take on traditional Middle Eastern music with a spiritual bent, featuring instruments like the oud, nay, qanun, riqq and darbuka.
- KEYWORD CODE: MIDDLEEASTERNMAY19
- SUGGESTED KEYWORDS: Middle Eastern, Arabian, Andalusian, Turkish, Ramadan, Muslim, Islam, Sahara, Syrian, Egyptian, oud, nay, qanun, riqq
Hit us with some fast tempos, complex chord progressions, and key changes — we’d love to hear some fun trumpet and sax leads, too!
- KEYWORD CODE: BEBOPMAY19
- SUGGESTED KEYWORDS: jazz, bebop, improvisation, swing, 1940s
Create an imaginary soundtrack that’s either bouncy and upbeat or melancholy yet hopeful, all with an emphasis on futurism, synth pads, and an overall light touch.
- KEYWORD CODE: ANIMEMAY19
- SUGGESTED KEYWORDS: anime, animation, bouncy, cartoon, Japan, Japanimation, manga
Picture yourself sipping a rosé in a Parisian cafe and being serenaded by light and airy accordion, acoustic guitar, and stand-up bass. Sounds nice, eh?
- KEYWORD CODE: CHANSONSMAY19
- SUGGESTED KEYWORDS: France, French, Paris, chanson, cafe, bistro, brunch, accordion, stand-up bass, acoustic guitar, romantic, wine
Take advantage of the 50-keyword limit and add both broad and specific keywords (but no recognizable band or artist names please)!
We also encourage you to submit separate :15 and :30 versions of these tracks for social-media use.