This month’s music briefs continue our international sonic journey with stops in Mexico and India, with a slight detour back into the past and a pensive stop. Check out the briefs below to see what’s been in demand in Music at Pond5:
Once you’ve completed your work, a unique code can be applied to each track – just add the code (provided at the top of each brief) to your keyword tags when you upload. That way, we’ll know which genre you’ve been focusing on.
If you have any questions or comments about any of these briefs, please email Pond5’s Director of Audio Collections, Mike Pace, at email@example.com.
We’re looking for both traditional and contemporary takes on Mexican folk music, mariachi, banda, and norteña. Robust acoustic guitars and accordions welcome!
- KEYWORD CODE: MEXICANJUNE19
- SUGGESTED KEYWORDS: mariachi, norteno, fiesta, guitarron, mexico, mexicano, cinco de mayo, viva, acoustic guitars
The classic sound of the late 1950s and early 60s: vocal group harmonies with little or no instrumentation, simple lyrics about love, ornamented with nonsense syllables.
- KEYWORD CODE: DOOWOPJUNE19
- SUGGESTED KEYWORDS: doowop, acapella, 1950s, harmony, retro, sentimental, vintage
Upbeat, often quirky mash-ups of traditional Indian instrumentation (sitar, tabla, dhol) and pop rhythm and melodies.
- KEYWORD CODE: BOLLYWOODJUNE19
- SUGGESTED KEYWORDS: Bollywood, India, Bangladesh, sitar, tabla, dhol, bhangra, dancing
Pond5 customers just can’t get enough of those mournful, haunting, contemplative, vaguely new age-y and slightly ethereal sounds.
- KEYWORD CODE: SADFLUTESJUNE19
- SUGGESTED KEYWORDS: flute, mournful, haunting, contemplative, new age, poignant, loss, funeral, sad
Take advantage of the 50-keyword limit and add both broad and specific keywords (but no recognizable band or artist names please)!
We also encourage you to submit separate 15 and 30-second versions of these tracks for social-media use.