Keyword Code: CLIMBJULY2019
Google Trends shows an increased interest for indoor climbing based on web search data, with the search term “climbing gym” on a steady rise over the past five years in the US. Meanwhile, the indoor climbing industry in North America is poised to break the billion-dollar revenue mark in 2021. In addition, the concepts associated with the activity are rich and reach far beyond the literal interpretations of the activity.
• Climber getting geared up with harness, lead rope, chalk bag, carabiner, and belay
• Chalking hands
• Climber reaching and gripping hold
• Climber attaching a belay rope
• Climber belaying another climber
• Climber free-soloing
• Climber reaching the “summit”
• Climber rappelling
Suggested Keywords: Preparation, Concentration, Focus, Determination, Skill, Technique, Agility, Climbing Gym, Bouldering
Typical Users: Food and Beverage, Investment and Financial Institutions, Credit Card Companies, Insurance Companies, Healthcare and Pharmaceutical Industries, Retail Industries.
Young Woman Rock Climbing at Gym by ActiveStock
Pro-Tip: There are two sides to every story. If you’re focused primarily on the positive side of identifying concepts, it’s possible you may miss out on projects with narratives that represent the other side of things. For instance, a climber slipping or losing a grip on a hold can be just as important as the “success” or hero shots. Getting a shot or two that demonstrates failure or frustration can round out your story and potentially increase your sales.
Casting Considerations: All ages, gender and race diversity. Authenticity and diversity will play an important role in the success of your shoot.
Before You Shoot:
• Please check what content already exists in the Pond5 marketplace
• Think about a visual approach that will result in new and fresh footage
• Remember to tag your clips with the keyword code: CLIMBJULY2019
• Have all property and model releases filled out and submitted
• No logos or brands may be visible in any of the clips
• Don’t forget to add any applicable conceptual keywords