In an effort to help you achieve even more success, we’re working hard to identify some of the upcoming trends in our marketplace. Each month, we’ll be listing some of the most popular search terms for music that’s underrepresented in our catalog, allowing you to get inspired while filling gaps in our collection.
Once you’ve completed your work, a unique code can be applied to each track — just add the code (provided at the top of each brief) to your keyword tags when you upload. That way, we’ll know which genre you’ve been focusing on.
If you have any questions or comments about any of these briefs, please email Pond5’s Director of Audio Collections, Mike Pace, at email@example.com.
Here’s what’s been recently in demand in music at Pond5:
Try to evoke the spirit of a Sunday service with uplifting organ and a soulful groove. Bonus points if you can add a choir!
- KEYWORD CODE: GOSPELJULY19
- SUGGESTED KEYWORDS: gospel, uplifting, church, choir, Sunday, faith, hopeful, soulful
Picture pumping iron, hitting the bag, jumping rope, and breaking a sweat, all set to a fiery guitar solo over classic 80s mid-tempo workout rock.
- KEYWORD CODE: TRAININGJULY19
- SUGGESTED KEYWORDS: 80s montage, workout, boxing, training, guitar solo, eighties, sweat
Medieval Acoustic Music
We’re also looking for predominantly acoustic tracks featuring lutes and flutes based in the European baroque tradition.
- KEYWORD CODE: MEDIEVALJULY19
- SUGGESTED KEYWORDS: medieval, renaissance, lute, flute, European, baroque, gothic, pre-15th century, middle ages
Go for calm chanting (ideally in Latin), either a cappella or combined with an ambient background to create a mysterious spiritual atmosphere.
- KEYWORD CODE: CHANTSJULY19
- SUGGESTED KEYWORDS: chanting, Gregorian, monks, praying, religious, mysterious, pre-15th century, church, new age, peaceful, choral, sacred
Take advantage of the 50-keyword limit and add both broad and specific keywords (but no recognizable band or artist names, please)!
We also encourage you to submit separate :15 and :30 versions of these tracks for social-media use.