Keyword Code: YNGHRTP5BRIEF
Today’s seniors are staying young by engaging in fun activities they enjoyed in their youth. As “Oldchella” proved, seniors know how to party — the average age of the performers was 72 at Desert Trip 2016. Mick Jagger found time in his set to have a laugh about it all, when he told the crowd: “Tonight, we’re not going to do any age jokes or anything, OK? Welcome to the Palm Springs retirement home for gentle English musicians.”
Even seniors who didn’t attend this throwdown in the desert are being active, throwing caution to the wind, and living life to the fullest.
- Motor-biking, surfing, martial arts, skydiving, and every other cool activity deemed “unacceptable” for folks over 65
- Attending live events such as rock concerts and nightclubs
- Adventurous travel to both cities and off-the-beaten places
- Taking part in youthful “throwback” activities such as: date night at a diner sharing a milkshake, driving a convertible with hair blowing in the wind, taking a dance class together
- Taking “selfies” of their experiences
Suggested Keywords: Active seniors, elderly, activity, carefree, togetherness, young at heart, vitality, happiness, individuality, fun, adventure
Typical Users: Healthcare, retirement services, insurance, pharmaceuticals, finance and investment services, travel industries
Senior Man on Harley Davidson by BMJ
Pro-Tip: Do your best to cast real-looking talent with real skills. This approach will pay dividends in the end, as clients are constantly searching for authenticity within our collection.
Casting Considerations: Race and gender diversity, authenticity with talent and imagery. Accept the challenge to subtract artificiality from your setups. In other words, keep it REAL. These things will play an important role in the success of your shoot.
Location Diversity: Urban, suburban, and rural
Before You Shoot
• Please check what content already exists in the Pond5 marketplace
• Think about a visual approach that will result in new and fresh footage
• Remember that each shot must communicate a clear message
• Remember to tag your clips with the keyword code: YNGHRTP5BRIEF
• Have all property and model releases filled out and submitted
• No logos or brands may be visible in any of the clips
• Don’t forget to add any applicable conceptual keywords to the clips