Regardless of where you are in the world, it’s hard to ignore the politics and social issues that dominate news headlines. The demand for footage that illustrates politics, conflicts, riots, protests, voting, drug abuse, pollution and many other socially relevant topics only grows larger. Citizen journalism is a growing trend and presents an authentic view on these subject matters, and is a highly sought-after source of footage to help tell today’s headline stories.
What to Create
Top themes and scenarios in current events
- Natural disasters
- Current politics
- Current military
- Police action
- Riots / demonstrations
Make the most of your current events shoot & maximize your sales potential
- Shoot events, demonstrations, political rallies, etc near you. Editorial footage of this kind is always in demand.
- Follow what is trending in the news and, therefore, what will be relevant to our buyers.
- If you are in a conflict zone, get your shots but be safe!
Don’t just think descriptive – including relevant conceptual keywords ensures your content can be found in a wider range of searches
STEPS TO SUBMIT YOUR EDITORIAL CONTENT:
- 1. Include code CUREVENTP5BRIEF in your keywords
2. Send your content to curation
3. Once your content is live, create a collection of your Editorial newsworthy clips
4. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your Editorial collection link
5. Once approved, we’ll include your content in our News & Archival editorial collection
A collection of some of the best-selling current events clips on Pond5
Top image: Womens Solidarity March In Toronto, Canada- Jan. 21, 2017 by romelo