This month we’re looking for authentic Civil War era and Greek music, as well as meditative sounds for yoga and celebratory Mardi Gras music.
Once you’ve completed your work, a unique code can be applied to each track – just add the code (provided in each brief) to your keyword tags when you upload. That way, we’ll know which genre you’ve been focusing on.
If you have any questions or comments about any of these briefs, please email Pond5’s Director of Audio Collections, Mike Pace, at email@example.com.
American Civil War Era Music
Break out the bugle, snare drum and fife and try to create something that wouldn’t sound out of place in the 1860s.
- KEYWORD CODE: CIVILWARFEB20
- SUGGESTED KEYWORDS: 1860s, civil war, americana, american, pioneer, historical, patriotic, Mason-Dixon, Confederate, Union
Soothing, relaxing, meditative. Feel free to extend the length a bit to fully get into the zone.
- KEYWORD CODE: YOGAFEB20
- SUGGESTED KEYWORDS: yoga, meditation, healing, calm, relaxation, soothing
Traditional Greek Music
We’re looking for traditional folk music from Greece incorporating instruments like the lira and laouto (lute), the tambouras and gaida (bagpipe), the zournas (shawm), the daouli (drum), and the dachares (tambourine).
- KEYWORD CODE: GREECEFEB20
- SUGGESTED KEYWORDS: Greece, Greek, Athens, bouzouki, mediterranean, lira, laouto, tambouras, gaida, zournas, daouli, dachares
Funky, soulful, swampy, horn-y. Bold, brassy and celebratory.
- KEYWORD CODE: MARDIGRASFEB20
- SUGGESTED KEYWORDS: Mardi Gras, New Orleans, Funky, Gumbo, Bourbon Street, Louisiana, second line, zydeco, festive, joyful
Take advantage of the 50-keyword limit and add both broad and specific keywords (but no recognizable band or artist names please)!
We also encourage you to submit separate :15 and :30 versions of these tracks for social-media use.
Tags can be applied to existing tracks in your portfolio.
Top image: Portrait of a Playful Mature Woman Playing Air Guitar with Stick in Kitchen by caiapond5