Keyword Code: GAMINGP5BRIEF
The gaming industry is a true revenue giant, taking in $152 billion in revenue in 2019. The mobile industry alone was worth $68.5 billion. Global gaming revenue is projected to continue to grow as more and more people gain access to the internet to support playing video games online. Furthermore, not only is playing games a huge business but watching live streams of gaming is something that 1 billion people (25% of internet users!) do each month. This is a great topic to cover for now and the future as gaming grows.
Shot List Thought Starters:
- People gaming solo or with an organized esports team with headsets and microphones
- Live streaming gamers talking and interacting with their fans
- Family members of all ages gaming together on phones or consoles.
- Employees gaming at work during business hours, or people gaming where inappropriate
- Social distancing practices in nature, in public settings, or with package/food delivery workers
- Unexpected/unorthodox/atypical gaming types, for example, elderly, working moms, etc.
- Shots of all aspects of gaming, bad and good, for example, winners, losers, addicts, irresponsible players
Suggested Keywords: esports, competition, gaming, multiplayer, live streaming, mobile gaming, connection, digital device, console, strategy
Typical Users: Technology companies, game developers, ad agencies, as well as lifestyle brands, media companies etc.
Pro-Tip: First of all, the biggest thing here is to stay safe and healthy when making this content, and don’t shoot with more people than what your government or public health agencies recommend. Do your best to cast real-looking talent with real skills to get authentic content. Also, please be conscious of logos and other intellectual property as well.
Casting Considerations: Race and gender diversity, authenticity with talent and imagery. Accept the challenge to subtract artificiality from your setups. In other words, keep it REAL. These things will play an important role in the success of your shoot.
Location Diversity: Houses, apartments, cabins, bungalows, hotels, campers/RV’s
Before You Shoot:
- Please check what content already exists in the Pond5 marketplace
- Also, think about a visual approach that will result in new and fresh footage
- Remember that each shot must communicate a clear message
- Remember to tag your clips with the keyword code: GAMINGP5BRIEF
- Have all property and model releases filled out and submitted
- Furthermore, no logos or brands may be visible in any of the clips
- Don’t forget to add any applicable conceptual keywords to the clips