Keyword Code: HOMECOOKP5BRIEF
The lack of flour at your local grocery store is not a passing fad. Cooking at home has seen a giant resurgence as people moved inside due to COVID-19. In March of 2020, grocery store sales in the United States were 77% higher than in 2019. 54% of Americans say they’re cooking more, and 73% are enjoying it more than they did before. Furthermore, considering eating out is 5 times more expensive than cooking at home, it’s likely here to stay, and a great topic to shoot.
Shot List Thought Starters:
- Family members of all ages cooking together
- Home cooks watching cooking videos/tutorials on their computer while cooking along
- POV shots of cooking, baking, and plating/serving food
- Atypical cooking methods, for example, clay/wood-fired ovens, DIY rotisseries, power tools for mixing)
- Overworked parents or caretakers trying to juggle work, parenting, and cooking
- Amateur/atypical cooking setups, cooking failures, people clearly learning how to cook
Suggested Keywords: home cooking, kitchen, food, healthy lifestyle, nutrition, meal preparation, baking, independence, modern cook,
self-sufficient, life skill
Typical Users: Food industry, lifestyle brands, ad agencies, media companies, social media companies, etc.
Pro-Tip: First of all, the biggest thing here is to stay safe and healthy when making this content, and don’t shoot with more people than what your government or public health agencies recommend. Secondly, do your best to cast real-looking talent with real skills to get authentic content. Also, please be conscious of logos and other intellectual property as well.
Casting Considerations: Race and gender diversity, authenticity with talent and imagery. Accept the challenge to subtract artificiality from your setups. In other words, keep it REAL. These things will play an important role in the success of your shoot.
Location Diversity: Kitchens of all sizes, houses, tiny apartment kitchens, cabins, bungalows, etc.
Before You Shoot:
- Please check what content already exists in the Pond5 marketplace
- Also, think about a visual approach that will result in new and fresh footage
- Remember that each shot must communicate a clear message
- Remember to tag your clips with the keyword code: HOMECOOKP5BRIEF
- Have all property and model releases filled out and submitted
- Furthermore, no logos or brands may be visible in any of the clips
- Don’t forget to add any applicable conceptual keywords to the clips