Keyword Code: ESSENTIALBIZP5BRIEF
Once COVID-19 restrictions and shelter-at-home orders started to be implemented worldwide, businesses started to shut down literally overnight. But some essential businesses could not shut down, despite the inherent risks involved with operating during a global pandemic. This is a chance to highlight the people and businesses who are still out there working, even when they may not want to, can’t afford not to, or are providing something important we all need during these times.
Shot List Thought Starters:
- Businesses operating at any capacity with patrons and customers at the business
- People with masks/protective equipment waiting in line, shopping, and eating at restaurants
- Portraits of essential workers wearing masks/protective equipment, and/or social distancing
- Controversial businesses that may not be truly “essential” (liquor stores, casinos, etc)
- Shots of empty/closed/shuttered businesses that aren’t considered “essential”
- POV Shots from essential workers’ perspective, interacting with people in need
Suggested Keywords: Fome cooking, kitchen, food, healthy lifestyle, nutrition, meal preparation, baking, independence, modern cook,
self-sufficient, life skill
Typical Users: For example, the food industry, lifestyle brands, ad agencies, media companies, social media companies, etc..
Pro-Tip: First of all, the biggest thing here is to stay safe and healthy when making this content, and don’t shoot with more people than what your government or public health agencies recommend. Secondly, do your best to cast real-looking talent with real skills to get authentic content. Also, please be conscious of logos and other intellectual property as well.
Casting Considerations: Race and gender diversity, authenticity with talent and imagery. Accept the challenge to subtract artificiality from your setups. In other words, keep it REAL. These things will play an important role in the success of your shoot.
Location Diversity: restaurants, delivery locations, inside essential business vehicles, city streets, suburban neighbourhoods, even online shopping interfaces,…
Before You Shoot:
- Firstly, please check what content already exists in the Pond5 marketplace
- Also, think about a visual approach that will result in new and fresh footage
- Remember that each shot must communicate a clear message
- Remember to tag your clips with the keyword code: ESSENTIALBIZP5BRIEF
- Have all property and model releases filled out and submitted
- Furthermore, no logos or brands may be visible in any of the clips
- Don’t forget to add any applicable conceptual keywords to the clips