Keyword Code: LIVESTREAMP5BRIEF
This month‘s Creative Brief is about live streaming and vlogging. Live streaming is not only incredibly popular, it’s becoming one of the most important ways for people to communicate, learn, and showcase products, brands, and give presentations. With estimates showing that the online live streaming industry growing 99% between April 2019 and April 2020, it’s expected to be a $70.5 billion industry in 2021. Now that many people are working, learning, and getting their entertainment through a live broadcast on their screen in 2020, this is a great opportunity to show the “new normal” for so many of us.
Creative Brief – Shot List Thought Starters:
- Over-the-shoulder shots of live virtual presentations, for example, meetings, school, video games, etc)
- First-person perspective shots of instructors/presenters speaking to virtual audience
- Third-person perspective shots of instructors/presenters speaking to a virtual audience
- Shots of the computer screen with multiple viewers learning together and collaborating
- Simulated live streaming interfaces, displays, and other on-screen animation overlays
- People live streaming from atypical locations (on vacation, at the dentist, in church, etc)
- Live streams of atypical events like concerts, movies, birthday parties, weddings, etc
Suggested Keywords: live streaming, covid19, virtual, education, technology, future, screen, computer, smartphone, entertainment
Typical Users: tech companies, news & media organizations, ad agencies, social media companies, film studios, vloggers
Pro-Tip: The biggest thing here is to stay safe and healthy when making this content, and don’t shoot with more people than what your government or public health agencies recommend. Secondly, do your best to cast real-looking talent with real skills to get authentic content. Also, please be conscious of logos and other intellectual property as well.
Casting Considerations: Race and gender diversity, authenticity with talent and imagery. Accept the challenge to subtract artificiality from your setups. In other words, keep it REAL. These things will play an important role in the success of your shoot.
Location Diversity: classrooms and other rooms inside schools and office buildings, in homes, outside, at the beach, in the car (not while driving!)
Before You Shoot:
- Firstly, please check what content already exists in the Pond5 marketplace
- Also, think about a visual approach that will result in new and fresh footage
- Remember that each shot must communicate a clear message
- Remember to tag your clips with the keyword code: LIVESTREAMP5BRIEF
- Also, please have all property and model releases filled out and submitted
- Furthermore, no logos or brands may be visible in any of the clips
- Don’t forget to add any applicable conceptual keywords to the clips