Most Wanted in January
Welcome to 2021! As you turn over a new leaf, finish off the good food and think about your New Year’s resolutions, our buyers are also starting a new chapter in their productions and businesses. It’s out with the old, and in with the new. Let‘s enjoy the fresh beginning and make sure that 2021 will be our year! This month‘s Buyer Requests brings you the following themes:
New Year – New Start, International Creativity Month and Arab Spring: 10th Anniversary.
Please, make sure that you don’t forget to include the special keyword in your metadata, which you can find attached to the themes so we can track down your work. Moreover, please note that authentic footage is always prefered over “stocky-looking” content. In other words, keep it real!
New Year - New Start
USE THIS SPECIAL KEYWORD IN YOUR METADATA: BRNEWYEAR2021
This has been a difficult year for everyone, all over the world. A new year is always a good time to reflect and make resolutions, but with this year in particular, everyone is especially ready for a fresh start. Therefore, clients are looking for content that will help illustrate this mindset.
Shot List Thought Starters
- Young couples standing in their backyard with gardening tools, ready to refresh their garden, for example plant trees, flowers, vegetables etc.
- People of all ages, races, ethnicities, genders exercising and doing sports, such as yoga or basketball
- People trying to follow New Year‘s resolutions, both successfully and unsuccessfully
- Meditating people of all ages, races, ethnicities and genders
- People of all ages, races, ethnicities and genders preparing healthy food and drink
- Families spending time together instead on social media, for example, playing board games, eating, etc
Mindful, Fresh, Couple, Garden, Yard, Wellness, Yoga, Basketball, Health, Healthy, New Year‘s Resolution, Restart,…
International Creativity Month
USE THIS SPECIAL KEYWORD IN YOUR METADATA: BRINTERCREA2021
Developed by professional speaker Randall Munson, January has become recognized as International Creativity Month. According to CreativePool, “Created by Randall Munson, the purpose of International Creativity Month is to find time to explore creative ways to re-energize yourself and your colleagues, family and friends. This can include creatively improving communications skills, arranging group thinking sessions or setting creative challenges.” But given the tough year, we have all had, this month can also mean creativity in the literal sense, for example, creating art, music, writing and the list goes on and on. With this great initiative in mind, we would like to give our clients a fresh take on content that shows people expressing themselves creatively. This could be everything, for instance, from painting, to graphic design, to building furniture, to sculpting. The possibilities are endless!
Firstly, always keep in mind that any artwork, such as painting, drawing, music, photos, sculptures etc. is the intellectual property of its creator. You should get a property release signed from the artist in order to get your media approved for commercial use. Secondly, please note that media depicting 3rd party intellectual property cleared for commercial greatly increases the sales potential of your portfolio.
Shot List Thought Starters
- Young woman painting a mural on a building
- Older men and women of all races sketching
- Kids learning pottery
- Shots of people creating street art (such as graffiti) for commercial use (with property release)
- Creative cooking, culinary art
- A teacher giving a remote short-story writing class
- People following creative online courses, for example courses of drawing, singing or playing an instrument, such as guitar or piano
- Young people interested in traditional embroidery
- DIY creations of all kinds
- Digital art – for instance, using a digital tablet, using a colour wheel etc.
Creative, Painting, DIY, Drawing, Cooking, Sculpting, Music, Building, Designing, Graffiti, Street Art, Online Course, Embroidery, Creative writer, Painter, Drawer, Mural Art, Culinary Art, Food Styling,
Ad agencies, digital media publishers, corporate companies
Arab Spring: 10th Anniversary
USE THIS SPECIAL KEYWORD IN YOUR METADATA: BRARABSPRINGANNI2021
January 2021 marks the 10-year anniversary of the chaotic and often violent fight for democracy in Arab countries including Tunisia, Libya, Egypt, Yemen, Syria and Bahrain. According to the Council on Foreign Relations: “The uprisings raised hopes of a new era of democratic government in the Arab world. Those hopes were dashed. Egypt’s democratic experiment was a false dawn; by 2013 authoritarian rule had returned.” As a result, news and media clients in particular will be creating content around this political event. Our clients are looking for clips/images of young people (teens to adults in their 20s/30s) from these countries. Clips could be Editorial or Commercial, and meant to show that the fight for democracy continues with the next generation.
Shot List Thought Starters
- Teens or young adults in Arab countries engaged in various daily activities
- Teens and young adults in Arab countries engaged in various daily activities
- Arab youths/young adults smiling, looking confident, hopeful
- Editorial footage of events connected to the Arab Spring Anniversary
- People of all ages, races and ethnicities around the world supporting the fight for democracy in Arab countries
Arab Spring, Arabic, Egypt, Syria, Tunisia, Young, Democracy, Uprising, Teen, Young Adult, Youth
TV/Film Production Companies, Digital News Publishers
Pond5 contributors set their own prices and earn an industry-leading percentage of every sale.