Most Wanted in April
April is a month worth celebrating. Did you know that in addition to Easter, April celebrates International Sibling Day, World Rat Day, and World Health Day? While you are enjoying April Fool’s Day, believe us that this month’s Buyer Request guide is not a prank! Our buyers are looking for shots of Seniors and Elderly People, Disabled Empowerment, and Cars cleared for commercial use.
Seniors and Elderly People
USE THIS SPECIAL KEYWORD IN YOUR METADATA: BRSENIORS2021
Seniors and elderly people are often left behind in today’s hectic times, and yet they have so many stories to tell! But that doesn’t mean they must be portrayed like grey-haired grandmothers and grandfathers in a rocking chair, smoking a pipe, and reading a book. Seniors and elderly people are dating, joining social media, or even mixing music! For example, in France, there is a beautiful, lovely retirement home offering techno courses! Buyers are looking for various lifestyle shots, both traditional and unconventional, where seniors are in the lead role.
Shot List Thought Starters
- Seniors and elderly people of all races, ages, ethnicities, religions, and sexual orientation gathering together
- Shots of seniors and elderly people in everyday life, for example, shopping, cooking at home, watching TV, playing with their grandchildren, or using a computer or a mobile phone
- Elderly dating – couples of all races, ethnicities, ages, religions, and sexual orientation on dates, seniors using dating apps, couples having dinner in a restaurant, etc.
- Elderly people and seniors doing sports, such as yoga, working out, or even jogging
- Seniors and elderly people doing typical “young” activities, such as using social media, vlogging, composing music, or programming or coding a website! 🙂
- Seniors or elderly people participating in eco-friendly activities, supporting the fight against global warming, being vegan, etc.
- Elderly artists of all kinds
Elderly, Elders, Seniors, Family, Lifestyle, Generations, Elderly Walking, Grandmother, Grandparents, Grandfather, Senior Couple, Senior Care, Senior Lifestyle, Retired
TV production and advertising agencies, film production companies, as well as non-profit organizations
USE THIS SPECIAL KEYWORD IN YOUR METADATA: BRDISABLEDEMPOWERMENT2021
While there have been some improvements, there is still a lot of work to be done when it comes to the positive representation of disabled people in advertising and the media. Advertising clients in particular frequently request better content showing disabled people in a positive light, as well as just showing them in normal, everyday life situations. In particular, since the Paralympics will be taking place this summer, there will likely be a high volume of requests for disabled athletes. Remember to add this additional keyword to your clips: DIVERSITYP5BRIEF.
Shot List Thought Starters
- Commercially-cleared clips of disabled athletes (all types of sports)
- Disabled parents playing with their kids
- Disabled families taking part in everyday tasks like cooking, cleaning, yard work, driving
- Disabled people in social situations like parties, BBQs, birthdays, etc.
- Disabled couples of all races, ages, ethnicities, religions, and sexual orientation on a date
- Disabled artists, such as musicians, painters, graphic designers, etc.
Disabled, Athlete, Strong, Powerful, Everyday Life, Paralympics, Olympics, Handicapped
All groups, but specifically ad agencies, corporate clients, and non-profit organizations
First, always keep in mind that naturally-looking content cleared for commercial use is much more attractive for our buyers than overly “stocky” clips, especially for filmmakers who want to mix their own footage with media from our database. Second, clips cleared for commercial use should never contain any logos or 3rd party intellectual property, unless you get a property release from the owner, and any recognizable person in the clip should sign a model release. Moreover, we highly recommend considering diverse actors or models of all ages, ethnicities, races, religions, genders, or sexual orientations. Lastly, choosing the right metadata is crucial for the search algorithm. Never spam your metadata with irrelevant keywords.
Cars Cleared For Commercial Use
USE THIS SPECIAL KEYWORD IN YOUR METADATA: BRCARS21
Beloved by some, hated by others, definitely needed nowadays – cars. It may seem like a simple topic to shoot, after all, most households have a car at home. However, our buyers demand cars specifically cleared for commercial use. What does it mean? No logo, 3rd party intellectual property, or license plate may be visible in order to accept such a clip or photo. Also, car frames from the factories are not acceptable for commercial use without a property release. Moreover, keep in mind that if the driver (or any person) is recognizable, you have to attach a model release form signed by the model.
Shot List Thought Starters
- Interiors of cars cleared for both commercial use – your shots are acceptable as long as no logos or specific designs are visible.
- Shots of electric cars, self-driving cars
- Charging stations for electric cars
- Aerial shot of cars driving on the highway, as well as those driving in the suburban areas
- Cars in everyday traffic
- Details of cars cleared for commercial use
Cars, Driving, Cars Racing, Eco-friendly Cars, Electric Cars, Self-driving Cars, Vehicle, Truck, Traffic, Automotive
Ad agencies, agricultural companies
Curator Team Notes
Regarding designs, when the whole design is clearly identifiable even by a non-specialist, it’s considered as editorial, for example, Bugatti, Tesla, BMW, and other well-known brands in general and even their parts. A good example would be the front mask of BMW., I think the majority of people would recognise the car brand based on that. We definitely encourage artists to upload such content anyway!
Be the first one who gets tons of inspiration and guidance from us! Subscribe to our Artist Insights e-mail.
Pond5 contributors set their own prices and earn an industry-leading percentage of every sale.