Creative Brief – Special Keyword Code: WASTEP5BRIEF
This month‘s Creative Brief brings you Waste. After a year of the global population sheltering at home, the planet was dramatically altered–both for the good, and the not so good. While 84% of countries around the world reported air quality improvements in 2020, plastic production boomed as oil demand cratered and it became even cheaper to make plastics for single-use Personal Protective Equipment. Partner this PPE with takeout food containers and grocery delivery, and you’ve got an exponential increase of waste around the world. This is a chance to highlight this waste.
Creative Brief – Shot List Thought Starters:
- Medical waste and other PPE litter on the street, in rivers/lakes/oceans, or in waste bins (all focal lengths)
- (POV) Shots of someone sorting PPE and/or other plastic waste
- Takeout containers overflowing in public spaces, or in home garbage cans
- Aerial/drone shots of waste with empty streets and or natural environments
- Macro/close up shots of hands cleaning up, discarding, and/or using single-use PPE/plastics
- Various angles of manufacturing or creation of single-use PPE and/or plastics
- Biodegradable/non-plastic food packaging and PPE
- Restaurant workers loading food into plastic containers; patrons picking up to-go orders in containers
Suggested Keywords: waste, plastic, PPE, single use, pollution, environment, petroleum, pandemic (if applicable), covid19 (if applicable)
Typical Users: tech companies, news & media organizations, ad agencies, social media companies, vloggers, non-profits, political organizations
Pro-Tip: The biggest thing here is to stay safe and healthy when making this content, and don’t shoot with more people than what your government or public health agencies recommend. Secondly, do your best to cast real-looking talent with real skills to get authentic content. Also, please be conscious of logos and other intellectual property as well.
Casting Considerations: Race and gender diversity, authenticity with talent and imagery. Accept the challenge to subtract artificiality from your setups. In other words, keep it REAL. These things will play an important role in the success of your shoot.
Location Diversity: homes, apartments, condos, garages, home studios/offices, restaurants, hiking trails, beaches, rivers, lakes, public parks
Before You Shoot:
- Firstly, please check what content already exists in the Pond5 marketplace
- Also, think about a visual approach that will result in new and fresh footage
- Lastly, remember that each shot must communicate a clear message
- Remember to tag your clips with the keyword code: WASTEP5BRIEF
- Also, please have all property and model releases filled out and submitted
- Furthermore, no logos or brands may be visible in any of the clips
- Don’t forget to add any applicable conceptual keywords to the clips