Creative Brief – Special Keyword Code: HANDCRAFTEDP5BRIEF
This month‘s Creative Brief brings you the theme Handcrafted. The pandemic was a learning moment for everyone across the globe. People had to learn new ways of working, new ways of communicating, and new ways to occupy the sudden excess of free time that was spent with family, friends, or at events or restaurants. For many, this was learning how to make sourdough bread; for others, it was learning to crochet, make soap, sew, or take up woodworking. This is a way to highlight both the aforementioned amateurs – successful and not – and the true artisans crafting and creating, all by hand. So let‘s get handcrafted!
Creative Brief – Shot List Thought Starters:
- Various shots from all angles of people crafting and making artisan products
- POV shots from the subject’s perspective
- Over-the-shoulder shots of people watching tutorials and learning along with the video
- Portraits of models in workspaces, whether it’s a large studio/workshop or tiny apt nook
- Detailed/macro shots of models working with their artisan wares, or working with their hand
- Overhead/bird’s-eye shots of people working on their projects
- Shots of messy workspaces used tools/utensils, and models cleaning up
- People failing and/or struggling to get it right; people surprised at successes/failures
Suggested Keywords: artisan, handcraft, handmade, quality, artisanal, manual, analogue, create, hobby, talent, art, handcrafted
Typical Users: tech companies, news & media organizations, ad agencies, social media companies, non-profits, lifestyle brands, food industry
Clay Hand Craft In Thailand by khunaspix.
Pro-Tip: The biggest thing here is to stay safe and healthy when making this content, and don’t shoot with more people than what your government or public health agencies recommend. Secondly, do your best to cast real-looking talent with real skills to get authentic content. Moreover, consider shooting the same scene both in daytime or nighttime. Also, please be conscious of logos and other intellectual property as well.
Casting Considerations: Race and gender diversity, authenticity with talent and imagery. Accept the challenge to subtract artificiality from your setups. In other words, keep it REAL. These things will play an important role in the success of your shoot.
Location Diversity: homes, apartments, condos, garages, home studios/offices, artist lofts, kitchens, commercial buildings
Hands Of A Seamstress African by africa.
Before You Shoot:
- Firstly, please check what content already exists in the Pond5 marketplace
- Also, think about a visual approach that will result in new and fresh footage
- Lastly, remember that each shot must communicate a clear message
- Remember to tag your clips with the keyword code: HANDCRAFTEDP5BRIEF
- Also, please have all property and model releases filled out and submitted
- Furthermore, no logos or brands may be visible in any of the clips
- Don’t forget to add any applicable conceptual keywords to the clips
Top image: Asian Artisan Weaving Traditional Baskets In Workshop by blendimages.