New month, new music briefs. This month we’re looking for Contemporary R&B/Soul, Vocal Tracks and Easy Listening tracks.
Once you’ve completed your work, apply a unique code to each track – just add the code (provided in each brief) to your keyword tags when you upload. As a result, we’ll know which genre you’ve been focusing on.
Also, if you have any questions or comments about any of these music briefs, please email Pond5’s Director of Audio Collections, Mike Pace, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contemporary R&B / Soul
We’d love to hear more authentic, smooth and modern-sounding R&B/soul tracks with an emphasis on texture and mood. Feel free to experiment with electronic, hip-hop and vocal elements as well.
- KEYWORD CODE: R&BSOULMAY21
- SUGGESTED KEYWORDS: contemporary R&B, soul, funk, urban, groove, vocals
Pop-centric Vocal Tracks
Recently a number of Pond5 clients have been asking for commercial-sounding tracks with lead vocals. While production music traditionally emphasizes instrumentals, more and more social media posts are looking for pop-centric tracks with strong vocal hooks. We’d love to hear your pop/EDM and hip-hop tracks with vocals!
- KEYWORD CODE: VOCALSMAY21
- SUGGESTED KEYWORDS: vocals, voice, singing, lead vocals, pop, EDM, hip-hop
We’re looking for lounge-y 1960s inspired, middle-of-the-road elevator music to calm nerves and set the tone for your next visit to the dentist.
- KEYWORD CODE: EASYLISTENINGMAY21
- SUGGESTED KEYWORDS: easy listening, lounge, middle of the road, 1960s, waiting room, elevator music
- Take advantage of the 50-keyword limit and add both broad and specific keywords. On the other hand, do not use recognizable band or artist names, please!
- We also encourage you to submit separate :15 and :30 versions of these tracks for social-media use.
- Moreover, please note you can apply tags to existing tracks in your portfolio.
Check out more Music Briefs here.