Most Wanted in September
Summer is bidding us farewell and everyone’s getting ready for autumn. Cozy sweatshirts, colorful leaves, and of course, pumpkin spice lattes are just around the corner! As we approach the well-known end-of-year holidays, customers are looking for Thanksgiving, Italy-related clips, and User Generated Content!
USE THIS KEYWORD: BRTHANKSGIVING2021
On Thursday, November 25, the US will celebrate Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is also celebrated in Canada, Liberia, Saint Lucia, and Grenada—each on a different day. Traditionally, Thanksgiving was a time to appreciate the dedication and hard work done for the harvest. Nowadays, people usually take time off work and spend time with family and friends over a large meal held on Thanksgiving Day. Fun fact—did you know that the United States records the highest traffic all year on the day before Thanksgiving?
Shot List Thought Starters
- Families shopping for Thanksgiving Day.
- Close-ups of delicious traditional food, such as turkey, mashed potatoes with gravy, cranberry sauce, and pie (pecan, apple, cherry, cranberry, etc.)
- Fresh new shots of traffic and traffic jams of people trying to get to their destination.
- Many Americans use the time off for road trips—try to capture that!
- Try not to submit typical “stocky” content. Is there a regional difference that makes your Thanksgiving special? Go ahead and submit your work with a proper caption, e.g. “Traditional Thanksgiving Dinner in Alabama”.
- Family gathering for a large meal (seated at the table, serving food, etc.).
- Friends celebrating “Friendsgiving” and gathering for a potluck-style dinner.
Thanksgiving, Turkey, Gravy, Meal, Family, Roadtrip, Trip, Friendsgiving
All groups, but specifically ad agencies, corporate clients, non-profit organizations, TV production companies, etc.
- Always keep in mind that authentic-looking content which has been cleared for commercial use is much more popular than overtly “stocky” clips—especially for filmmakers, who often want to mix their own footage with our media.
- Clips that are cleared for commercial use should never show any logos or 3rd party intellectual property unless the owner signs a property release. Any recognizable person in the clip should sign a model release.
- We highly recommend considering diverse actors or models of all ages, ethnicities, races, religions, genders, and sexual orientations.
- Choosing the right metadata is crucial for the search algorithm. Never stuff your metadata with irrelevant keywords.
USE THIS KEYWORD: BRITALY2021
Ciao, parli italiano? If you’re based in Europe, we have a great opportunity for you! European cities are becoming one of the evergreen requests we get, and this month we’ve seen especially high demand for content related to Italy: Italian fashion, lifestyle, food, people, cities, and architecture! It doesn’t matter if you were on vacation in Rome, took strolls in Venice, went shopping in Milano, or just enjoyed your time with a glass of wine surrounded by mountains at Lago di Garda, our buyers desperately want your commercially-cleared content!
Shot List Thought Starters
- Italian lifestyle: Happy people hanging out in the streets or at cafes, sitting on chairs in front of their houses, talking to each other, enjoying Italian coffee or wine.
- Italian food and drinks: Italian food is not only pizza napoletana, Italy is also famous for gelato (ice cream), 400 types of pasta, delicious desserts, and of course minestrone. Italian cuisine is renowned around the world for many reasons!
- Italian cities and architecture: Italy is well known for its diverse architecture, you can find ancient ruins as well as Renaissance, Gothic, and Neoclassical buildings. In Italy, even the most ordinary houses look different from those in other countries. Try to capture the narrow alleys and streets of Italy during the day and night.
- Italian fashion: Italy is home to a host of luxurious fashion brands—Gucci, Prada, Louis Vuitton, Versace, Dolce & Gabbana, and many more. Our customers would appreciate content of fashionable people and trendsetters from Italy! Just watch out for the distinctive logos of the brands.
- Aerial views of Italian cities and towns.
Italy, Italian, Italian food, Gelato Ice Cream, Minestrone Soup, Pizza, Tiramisu, City Name
All groups, but specifically ad agencies.
User Generated Content
USE THIS KEYWORD: UGCP5BRIEF
It’s time to submit your authentic vertical videos, vlogs, and much more! User-Generated Content, also known as UGC, is getting more and more popular. It‘s unique, it‘s authentic, and it gives brands a new but familiar way to approach their customers.
Shot List Thought Starters
- Commercially-cleared shots of people using the selfie format (think: travel vlogging). You can merge the themes above together and submit clips of selfies from Italy or during Thanksgiving.
- Remember that User-Generated Content is a format that’s mainly shared on social media by companies large and small. The #1 thing they are looking for is authenticity. There shouldn’t be anything staged in your shots or photos.
- Silly home videos from birthdays, holidays, and vacations.
- User-Generated Content can really be anything but it is mainly used for social media so think more of vertical and square formats
- UGC shots tend to be more casual, focus on people enjoying themselves.
- Think of TikTok trends, such as girls doing their makeup, dancing, etc.
- Top view shots of drawing, painting, DIY, cooking, etc.
- Try to use jumpcut sequences, such as magic tricks cuts. Again, think of Tik Tok trends, and be creative! A good example would be outfit swaps, etc.
- Think of the typical Youtuber— free to submit a shot of people unboxing a product, giving a review of the products, etc.
UGC, User Generated Content, Authentic, Selfie, Vertical, Square, Home video, Jumpcut
All groups, especially Ad agencies, non-profit organizations, TV productions, etc.
- Submit completed and signed model releases for every recognizable person in the shot.
Be the first one who gets tons of inspiration and guidance from us! Subscribe to our Artist Insights e-mail.
Pond5 contributors set their own prices and earn an industry-leading percentage of every sale.