Creative Brief – Special Keyword Code: VIRALVIDEOP5BRIEF
This month‘s Creative Brief brings you the theme Viral Video. No one may really know the true formula to creating a viral video, but it hasn’t stopped countless filmmakers and creators around the world from trying. GIFs, memes, TikTok-style videos, fails, and more are all being created daily to try and capture the attention of the world’s social media users. Emulating a viral video style with some thoughtful planning and even some basic post production is a great chance to create something useful and different for buyers.
Creative Brief – Shot List Thought Starters:
- “Behind-the-scenes” shots of a viral video clip being made (crew, actors, etc)
- Vertical shots that play well when looped
- Adding text to funny videos in a meme-format
- Handheld and more DIY-looking shots to simulate a mobile device
- Shots of people dancing for the camera with choreographed moves
- Cinéma vérité shots of real-world situations with actors/models
- Humorous clips of “fails” that look natural
- Using basic motion graphics, masking, and animated icons to increase plausibility
Suggested Keywords: viral video, funny, meme, gif, fail, social media, filmmaking, creative
Typical Users: news & media organizations, ad agencies, lifestyle brands, television and movie studios, vloggers
Pro-Tip: Remember to stay safe and healthy when making this content, and bring along plenty of water and sun protection if you plan on being outside. Don’t shoot with more people than what your government or public health agencies recommend. Do your best to cast real-looking talent with real skills to get authentic content. Be conscious of logos and other intellectual property as well.
Casting Considerations: Race, age, and gender diversity, authenticity with talent and imagery. Accept the challenge to remove artificiality from your setup. In other words, keep it REAL. These considerations will play an important role in the success of your shoot.
Location Diversity: Homes, apartments, backyards, open fields, offices, anywhere really!
Before You Shoot:
- Firstly, please check existing content in the Pond5 marketplace
- Secondly, think about a visual approach that will result in new and fresh footage
- Lastly, remember that each shot must communicate a clear message
- Remember to tag your clips with the keyword code: VIRALVIDEOP5BRIEF
- Also, don‘t forget to submit all completed property and model releases
- No logos or brands may be visible in any of the clips
- Don’t forget to add any applicable conceptual keywords to the clips
Top image: Cool Naughty Cat With Sunglasses Sticking Out Tonngue by furryfritz.