New month, new music briefs. This month we’re looking for Motorik, Industrial, and Schlager.
Find the unique code provided in each genre brief, and simply add it to keyword tags when uploading your new project. That way, we’ll know which genre you’ve been focusing on.
Moreover, you have any questions or comments about any of these music briefs, please email Pond5’s Director of Audio Collections, Mike Pace, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Inspired by German bands of the 70s like Can, Neu! and Kraftwerk, this 4/4 beat typically rides an uninterrupted groove (accented by repetitive melodies and the occasional crash cymbal), not unlike driving down a traffic-free motorway.
- KEYWORD CODE: MOTORIKNOV21
- SUGGESTED KEYWORDS: German, 4/4, repetitive, mechanical
We’d love to hear your takes on fusing the more aggressive elements of electronic music with harsh, heavy rock to create a provocative and transgressive sound.
- KEYWORD CODE: INDUSTRIALNOV21
- SUGGESTED KEYWORDS: Industrial, harsh, noise, machine
Popular with Central European audiences for their upbeat danceable rhythms and light, happy themes, Schlager tunes can sound like contemporary, electronic polka; cheesy in a fun way!
- KEYWORD CODE: SCHLAGERNOV21
- SUGGESTED KEYWORDS: Schlager, German pop, contemporary polka, Oktoberfest
- Take advantage of the 50-keyword limit and add both broad and specific keywords. On the other hand, do not use recognizable band or artist names, please!
- We also encourage you to submit separate :15 and :30 versions of these tracks for social-media use.
- Moreover, please note you can apply tags to existing tracks in your portfolio.
Check out more Music Briefs here.