New month, new music briefs. This month we’re looking for Cloud Rap, New Jack Swing, and Paisley Underground.
Find the unique code provided in each genre brief, and simply add it to keyword tags when uploading your new project. That way, we’ll know which genre you’ve been focusing on.
Moreover, you have any questions or comments about any of these music briefs, please email Pond5’s Director of Audio Collections, Mike Pace, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Originating from southern hip-hop and trap and composed of chill, hazy, and relaxed beats, Cloud Rap is typically lo-fi and ethereal sounding. Bonus points for including vocal versions!
- KEYWORD CODE: CLOUDRAPDEC21
- SUGGESTED KEYWORDS: Cloud rap, lo-fi, hip-hop, rap, hazy, ethereal
New Jack Swing
Popular in the mid ‘80s through the early ‘90s, New Jack Swing incorporated elements of hip-hop and R&B to create a fresh, funky and sexy urban sound.
- KEYWORD CODE: NEWJACKSWINGDEC21
- SUGGESTED KEYWORDS: New Jack Swing, R&B, hip-hop, 1980s, 1990s, funky, sexy, urban
The Paisley Underground was the name of an alternative rock scene happening in Los Angeles in the mid 1980s. It centered on a love of upbeat, jangly, catchy 12-string guitar pop and emulated many of the folk-rock bands of the 1960s.
- KEYWORD CODE: PAISLEYDEC21
- SUGGESTED KEYWORDS: Paisley Underground, jangle pop, 12-string guitar, folk rock, 1980s, 1960s
- Take advantage of the 50-keyword limit and add both broad and specific keywords. On the other hand, do not use recognizable band or artist names, please!
- We also encourage you to submit separate :15 and :30 versions of these tracks for social-media use.
- Moreover, please note you can apply tags to existing tracks in your portfolio.
Check out more Music Briefs here.