USE THIS SPECIAL KEYWORD IN YOUR METADATA SO WE CAN PROMOTE YOUR CONTENT: ELECTIONS2024
Politics is a vital component of human society, as it influences daily life by aiding resource allocation, group decision-making, and societal problem-solving. In 2024, 19 nations, including the United States, will elect new leaders, making it a crucial topic for creators using stock media.
Politicians and their marketing teams prepare multi-media campaigns long before they launch. Use this guide for inspiration to enrich your storefront with graphics, photos, and shots of highly discussed political topics and issues.
Freshen Existing Political Content
You don’t need to go back to the wild with a camera around your neck every time there’s an Election. Work smarter, not harder! If you’ve previously uploaded work related to Politics and the topics are still relevant, recycle your content! Here’s how to do it.
- Update graphics to 2024: We strongly advise updating your visuals and re-submitting your work to Pond5 if you are a graphic designer, illustrator, or After Effects producer. It will be much easier to switch from 2022 to 2024 than starting over again. By taking this action, you’ll demonstrate to potential customers that you keep up with the latest trends.
- Update the metadata in your uploads: The primary focus of politicians worldwide is proposing solutions to topics, including healthcare, industry, government, business, military, education, and the environment. Look at previous creative briefs dedicated to some of the issues mentioned above, and review your current portfolio to add the conceptual keywords that match these highly-discussed topics. Reference these articles on how to add tags to your existing work and your Pond5 Guide to Keywords for instructions and helpful tips. And don’t forget to change the year to 2024!
Shotlist Thought Starters
Get inspired by the following political subcategories and ignite your imagination with these initial ideas on what to shoot.
The Electoral Process
All touchpoints of the Electoral process. Think close-ups of ballots, voters waiting in front of polling stations, commercially cleared shots of the crowds, etc.
- Election officials and volunteers helping with the voting process
- Close-ups of ballots
- Conceptual footage, such as people holding the “I Voted” sign, etc.
The Key Issues and Political Topics
Depict the crucial topics politicians discuss, such as healthcare, business, industry, environment, family, or military.
- Discussions of hot-button political issues such as healthcare, immigration, and climate change.
- People engaging in conversations or forums about these topics.
- Political public speeches.
- Icons and symbols associated with trending political discussions.
Capture the essence of political campaigns from your city or town!
- Political campaign posters and graphics featuring different candidates.
- Campaign rallies, speeches, and behind-the-scenes moments.
- Campaign staff working in campaign offices or on the ground.
- Merchandise such as buttons, yard signs, and bumper stickers.
The Buildings of Politics
Focus on establishing shots of cities and the buildings crucial for politics – governmental buildings, town halls, headquarters of the political parties, etc.
- The United States Capitol
- The White House
- The Headquarters of the United Nations
- European Parliament
- Local Town Halls and essential government buildings
Activism and Protests
Activism and Protests are inseparable elements of politics. Look around for events that resonate with the community in your city.
- Capture people’s emotions during footage of protests, demonstrations, and civil unrest related to political issues.
- Peaceful protests and activists sharing their motivations and messages.
- Get close-ups of protest signs, banners, and slogans.
- User Generated Content (UCG) is always in high demand.
Note: Always stay safe and make sure your submissions have the proper metadata for Editorial use.
- Suggested format: PLACE, CITY, COUNTRY, (MONTH, DAY, YEAR)
- Example: Dallas, Texas, United States (March 1, 2024)
Remember to capture various angles, perspectives, and emotions to create a well-rounded stock media collection for each topic. Pay attention to composition, lighting, and capturing authentic moments that showcase the essence of each subtopic.
Get inspired by our collection of content we’re looking for here.
voting, politician, environment, healthcare, family, industry, activist, government, military, education, Congress, United Nations, corruption, parliament, presidential election, political speech, protest, government building, government meeting, political campaign, voters, debate, politics, elections, ballot, merchandising, buttons, pins, I voted, etc.
All groups, especially political marketing agencies, video producers, advertising, etc.
- Check out our marketplace for visual reference and inspiration.
- Stand out and create something that pops out among the other search results.
- USE THIS SPECIAL CODE IN YOUR KEYWORDS: ELECTIONS2024
- Ensure your submission falls under commercial use by submitting the appropriate release forms when necessary.
Don’t forget to check out our other Creative Briefs articles here.