USE THIS SPECIAL KEYWORD IN YOUR METADATA SO WE CAN PROMOTE YOUR CONTENT: 360VRP5BRIEF
360/VR or 360-degree Virtual Reality is a type of footage that allows viewers to step into another world and explore it from every angle – in the end, it makes them feel like they are there! Unlike traditional videos, 360 VR videos let viewers interact with the content by turning their heads while wearing a VR headset to explore the environment, making it an engaging and immersive medium for various purposes. This technology is constantly pushing the boundaries of how we consume material.
With new emerging technologies like Apple Vision Pro and Meta Quest 3, we expect the demand for 360/VR experience will increase dramatically. This month, we’re looking for fresh takes on various 360 VR subcategories
Equipment to Capture High-Quality 360 VR Video
To create high-quality 360 VR videos, you’ll need some crucial equipment. While the specifics will vary depending on the scope and intricacy of your project, here is a baseline list of equipment you’ll need:
- 360-Degree Camera: Invest in a high-quality 360-degree camera that can capture all angles simultaneously. Popular options include the Insta360 Pro, GoPro Fusion, and Ricoh Theta.
- Stabilization Equipment: To achieve smooth, shake-free footage, consider utilizing a tripod or other special 360 VR camera equipment.
- 360 VR Editing Software: You’ll need software to stitch together your footage and edit your recordings. Adobe Premiere Pro and Final Cut Pro X are popular options.
- VR Headset: A VR headset, such as the Meta Quest or HTC Vive, will allow you to preview and edit your content in a genuinely immersive environment.
- Audio Equipment: Don’t forget to record high-quality spatial audio to enhance the viewer’s immersive experience.
Shotlist Thought Starters
Get inspired by the following 360/VR subcategories and ignite your imagination with these initial ideas on what to shoot.
Imagination is endless, and thanks to VR, we can experience worlds filled with mythical creatures, dreamlike environments, and mind-bending abstract art that surrounds us from every angle.
- Fantasy environments suitable for games, main menus, etc.
- Space animations from the spaceship interiors
- Space environments like galaxies, etc.
- Virtual real-world like environments, such as office interiors, home interiors, etc.
Provide an opportunity to explore a city as if on vacation with a deep dive into different cultures and traditions from the coziness of a sofa!
- 360 VR shots at famous places like squares, well-known landmarks, parks, etc.
- Timelapse shots of crowds moving in the cities
- Casual places like streets, neighborhoods, etc. during the daytime and nighttime
- Countryside 360/VR videos
Sports in Virtial Reality
Buyers will feel the adrenaline rush when your 360 VR sports videos allow them to see the world from an athlete’s perspective, as well as become
a visitor to a sports event.
- Extreme sports experience, such as skydiving, mountain biking, motocross, bungee jumping, wingsuit flying, parkour, etc.
- Recreational sports include swimming, fishing, riding a boat, running, hiking, etc.
- Sport events
Enrich your portfolio with a bird’s-eye view that allows viewers to explore the world from an exciting and unusual vantage point.
- Panoramic views of natural wonders, such as mountains from above
- Cityscapes from above
- 360/VR POV shots from aerial activities like paragliding or hot air balloon rides
- Bird’s-eye view of landscapes, landmarks, or events.
Nature in 360/VR
From the pristine lakes, lush forests, and majestic mountain ranges to life underwater, captivate the audience with the mysterious worlds.
- Bodies of water – lakes, ponds, waterfalls, or even the world underwater – think of a scuba diving experience, shots of pristine lakes, majestic waterfalls, etc.
- Forests – especially 360/VR videos with a high-quality sound of chirping birds, breeze, bugs, and other typical sounds distinctive for forests will be in high demand.
- Beaches – 360VR videos from sandy and rocky shore lines.
- Mountains – views from the top of the mountains, hills, and other vantage points with spectacular perspectives.
Don’t forget to pay attention to composition, lighting, and capturing authentic moments that showcase the essence of each subtopic.
Get inspired by our collection of content we’re looking for here.
360, 360VR, 360 VR, 360/VR, Virtual Reality in connection with keywords like nature, city, underwater, space, animation, sport, beach, aerial, mountain, clouds, forest, waterfall, nature timelapse, landscape, nature water, city building, city skyline, city timelapse, city street, forest, mountains, scenery, etc.
360 VR videos have numerous applications, making them appealing to a wide range of buyers, including travel and tourism organizations, educational institutions, marketing agencies, and gaming and entertainment studios.
- Check out our marketplace for visual reference and inspiration.
- Stand out and create something that pops out among the other search results.
- USE THIS SPECIAL CODE IN YOUR KEYWORDS: 360VRP5BRIEF
- Ensure your submission falls under commercial use by submitting the appropriate release forms when necessary.
Don’t forget to check out our other Creative Briefs articles here.